For domestic students, dependent upon the duration of candidature and the amount of Research Training Program support already used by the student, tuition fees may apply.
For international students, tuition fees will continue to apply.
If you are changing supervisors, you should also complete the HDR Application to Change Supervisory Team.
How to prepare
- read Higher Degrees by Research Policy Section 4.6.
- read HDR Admission and Enrolment Procedures Section 6.
- consult your supervisor (you may still apply if they disagree).
- organise documentary evidence to support your request. Provide a statement in support of your case for transferring from a Professional Doctorate to PhD or Masters candidature which includes:
- A summary of work to date and a description of how it can be changed into a Masters / PhD project
- A completion plan for the proposed Masters/PhD project (which includes details and expected completion dates for draft chapters and any additional field work, data analysis, or laboratory work required for the project).
- confirm your contact and candidature details are correct in the Student Information System