Ready2Go: Understanding Assignments and Grades
How does assessment work at university? What do terms like GPA, WIL, HD, and census mean? What do lecturers expect from you? Being in a new university is exciting. It’s like stepping into a new world with a completely new culture. You probably already know that you will have assignments and projects to complete, but how do you deal with these? And how do exams work at Flinders? Are they like school homework and exams, or are they very different? This session explores the world of assignments and grades at university. You will learn what university terms such as GPA, WIL, HD, census date, and many others mean; about the typical types of assignments you may need to complete; and typical lecturers’ expectations of university assignments and grades. Know exactly what you need to do and aim for. Do not miss this very important first step in your university life!
What will I take away from this session?
- A head start deciphering university language to help you hit the ground running
- The difference between lectures, tutorials, and other learning activities
- What assessments are and why we do them
- The grade system at Flinders
- Date: Monday, 19 July
- Time: 10am - 11am
- Location: Zone 1, The Commons, Level 2, Central Library Bedford Park