If you are eligible, you need to submit your application (one per academic year) before the relevant semester census date. Applications made after the census date will only be considered where you can show:
- you were not advised of your selection for participation in the relevant training or event until after the census date; or
- there were extenuating circumstances beyond your control which prevented you from applying before the census date.
Before you apply online make sure you have the following:
- your study/course details
- your time commitment in respect to Defence Reserves training/event participation and how it impacts your University studies; and
- a letter (on official Australian Defence Force letterhead) outlining your duties and obligations, that is written and signed by an official authority on behalf of the Australian Defence Force. You will need to upload this letter with your application.
*Please note: where your application is successful, it will only be effective for the academic year in which it is granted. You must re-apply for consideration for each subsequent year of study.