HDR supervision may need to be changed for a variety of reasons, such as a significant change to the research project, or a supervisor’s absence, resignation or deregistration.
The usual process is, the principal supervisor or college HDR coordinator will nominate a replacement supervisor in consultation with the HDR student.
If your research project has changed significantly from the one proposed at the commencement of candidature you must also complete the HDR Application for Degree Transfer or Significant Change to Project.
How to prepare
- read HDR Supervisor Policy Sections 3 and 5.
- read HDR Supervisor Procedures Sections 3 and 4.
- read Charter for HDR Student and Supervisor Responsibilities.
- consult your supervisor (you may still apply if they disagree).
- confirm your contact and candidature details are correct in the Student Information System.