HDR students whose research project changes significantly from the one proposed at the commencement of candidature must apply to change the project, to ensure that appropriate resources are available for the new project.
If you are changing supervisors, you should also complete the HDR Application to Change Supervisory Team.
How to prepare
- read Higher Degrees by Research Policy Section 4.6
- read HDR Admission and Enrolment Procedures Section 6
- consult your supervisor (you may still apply if they disagree)
- organise documentary evidence to support your request. Provide a statement in support of your case for a significant change to your research project which includes:
- Title of revised research project
- A brief explanation of your reasons for changing your research project
- An outline of the revised research project
- A description of the extent to which work completed to date on the original project can contribute towards the revised project, and
- A completion plan for completing the revised project within the remaining period of your candidature (which includes details and expected completion dates for draft chapters and any additional field work, data analysis, or laboratory work required for the project).
- ensure your milestones are up to date before applying
- confirm your contact and candidature details are correct in the Student Information System