Enrolling in topics
Enrolment is completed through the Student System which is accessible via your Flinders dashboard (Okta). In the Student System, select the My Enrolment tab. You can modify your enrolment and class registration until the last day to enrol. See key dates for more information.
For commencing students, some courses will specify different enrolment or payment deadlines, and you should therefore check your offer letter carefully.
First, ensure you have accepted your offer through the My Offers tab, then follow the pre-enrolment prompts in the My Enrolment tab including:
- confirming and updating your personal details
- accepting the enrolment declaration or terms and conditions
- completing a Commonwealth Assistance form (CAF) if you are a new domestic student or if you are commencing a new course
Your study plan will automatically populate core topics and if applicable, sections for electives, option topics, or major/minor/specialisation topics. Each of these sections will include a link for you to choose and change your topic selection.
Topics will appear with a blue background if they are available for enrolment. Some will have a preselected semester if they are only offered in a singular study period or location. Other topics may have their own drop-down menu where you need to select a study period or location.
To select topics you wish to enrol in, tick the corresponding box on the right-hand side of the page and follow the prompts to finalise your enrolment. Watch our enrolling in topics video to see this process explained further. Once you have enrolled, you can register in classes (if applicable). To do this, proceed to the My Timetable tab.
If you want to change your enrolment prior to the last day to enrol in topics, firstly you need to withdraw from the topics you wish to remove. Once you have withdrawn you can then enrol in other topics. Please see the withdraw from topics section below for instructions on how to do this.
If you are not able to tick the ‘enrol’ box or can’t find a particular topic, please try the following:
- Ensure you have accepted your offer and completed the pre-enrolment prompts.
- Check the topic is being offered in the relevant year, by clicking on the Additional Information link under the topic or visit the university timetable.
- Check that enrolment is open by visiting the enrolment and class registration schedule.
- Check that you meet the prerequisite requirements by clicking on the Requisite Information link under the topic or on the topic information page. If you believe you have grounds to request a prerequisite waiver, submit an Ask Flinders support request.
- Check if the topic requires topic coordinator approval or manual enrolment by clicking on the Additional Information link under the topic or on the topic information page. Submit an Ask Flinders support request if you have not obtained topic coordinator approval.
- Clear any filters (except for the year) you may have entered toward the top of the My Enrolment page.
For further assistance, submit an Ask Flinders support request. Please include a description of the problem and screenshots where possible.
Confirmation of enrolment
If you require evidence of your enrolment for your records or another agency such as Centrelink or your employer, you can download your Confirmation of Enrolment through the My Enrolment tab. Click ‘View My Current Enrolment’ and access your current course. Click ‘Get my Confirmation of Enrolment by email’ to receive a PDF copy to your student email within a few minutes.
Withdrawing from topics
Please ensure that you have checked the critical enrolment dates to avoid fee charges and academic penalties prior to withdrawing from topics. Dates for individual topics are also listed on the topic information page. Students who withdraw entirely from very competitive courses will lose their place in the course and will need to reapply in the future. If you are unsure, please submit an Ask Flinders support request.
To withdraw from topics:
- Log in to your Flinders dashboard (Okta) and access the Student System application.
- Open the My Enrolment tab and select 'Withdraw from Topics’ from the side menu.
- Select the topic(s) you wish to withdraw from and click on the 'Next' button.
- Confirm that you wish to withdraw from the topic(s) by clicking on the 'Withdraw' button.
- Select 'View My Current Enrolment' to ensure that you have successfully withdrawn.
If you are in receipt of income support payments or are on a student visa, you may have a minimum study load requirement. You must check this with the relevant agency such as Centrelink or the Department of Home Affairs prior to withdrawing from any topics.
Further information about the implications of withdrawing from topics.