With the approval of your home university, you can apply to enrol in a topic at another university and have that study credited towards your degree at your home university. This is known as cross-institutional study. If you wish to undertake this study you will need to obtain approval separately from both institutions.
Current Flinders University Students (Outgoing)
Current Flinders University students seeking to study a topic at another university require approval from their relevant College before enrolling elsewhere. To apply for cross-institutional study, you need to complete the following steps:
- Find a topic at another institution that you would like to study and identify how it fits into your degree plan. For example, are you seeking to complete the topic in place of an elective, or towards a major?
- Copy the link of the topic information page from the other institution’s website and submit it in an Ask Flinders support request. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for your application to be assessed.
- If approved, your cross-institutional enrolment will appear on your Confirmation of Enrolment.
- Upon completion of the topic, you must provide your College with an academic transcript to be granted credit.
Please note: Approval to undertake cross-institutional study does not constitute acceptance or enrolment at the other university. You will still need to formally apply to the other university, providing your approval email and Confirmation of Enrolment as evidence of Flinders’ approval. Once that University gives approval you will need to enrol in the relevant topic/s at that university.
You will gain credit for your cross-institutional study but the grade for the topic received at the other institution/university will not be recorded on your Flinders transcript and will not factor in calculating your Flinders GPA. Therefore, you must keep a record of your academic results from the other institution/university.
Are you a returning cross-institutional student seeking to study additional topics? If so please submit an Ask Flinders support request with your topic selection and home university’s approval and we will add this topic to your existing study plan.
If you have not undertaken cross-institutional study with us before you can apply to study cross-institutionally at Flinders University through our online application process.
Before you submit your application, you will need to have:
- Identified the topic(s) you wish to study by searching the Flinders topics page.
- Obtained your home university’s approval.
- A transcript from your home university (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).
- Your SACE documentation, if applicable.
- Confirmation of your Commonwealth supported place, if applicable.