All Flinders University students, commencing a new course of study, must acknowledge this declaration as part of their enrolment in the Student System.
In consideration of my enrolment at Flinders University, and the provision by the University of teaching services, educational resources and student services, I:
My Compliance with University Rules
- agree to be bound by the statutes, policies, procedures and guidelines of the University;
- will act in accordance with all lawful instructions of officers of the University;
- consent to any work and personal information as disclosed on or in assignments I submit for assessment being used by the University or its agents for the purpose of identifying plagiarism and any other breach of academic integrity;
- understand that falsification of records or details about myself, either before or after my enrolment, may lead to termination of my enrolment or imposition of other sanctions any time during my studies at the University;
- understand that upon graduation the details of my qualifications will become a matter of public record.
My Responsibility for Enrolment and Payment of Fees
- am responsible for maintaining my enrolment status and for ensuring my enrolment and withdrawal is accurately managed in the Student Information System;
- am responsible for choosing topics that will fulfil the requirements of my course as specified in the course rules and I will seek advice if unsure how to do this;
- am permitted to enrol for a topic when I am still currently enrolled in one or more prerequisite topics and, if I fail any prerequisite topic, it is my responsibility to check that I still meet the prerequisites for my enrolled topics, obtain approval for a prerequisite waiver, or change my enrolment;
- will be liable for the payment of the relevant tuition fee or student contribution amount, student services and amenities fees, and any other fees or charges applicable to my enrolment unless I withdraw from a topic prior to the census date;
- am responsible to check my fee account on the Student Information System and ensure payment by the due date.
- must ensure that I provide my Australian Government issued Unique Student Identifier (USI) within the required time frames.
Update of My Personal Details
- will promptly notify the University of any change to my personal details (including address and phone contact details) and acknowledge that a failure to do so will not be an acceptable reason for failing to respond to and act on any correspondence from the University as required;
- declare that all information that I have provided to the University (whether directly or via SATAC or other institutions) is, to the best of my knowledge, complete, true and correct.
My Communication with University
- acknowledge that University correspondence, including formal notices and other communications, may be issued to me electronically via the Flinders Learning Online announcements (flo.flinders.edu.au) and/or via my University email account, and I agree to check these announcements and University emails on a regular basis.
University Use of My Personal Information
- acknowledge that in this Enrolment Application I am providing Flinders University with both personal information about myself (such as my contact details) and with sensitive information about myself (such as my gender, cultural heritage and disability status).
- understand that the Privacy Collection Statement below notifies me and makes me aware of various matters relevant to Flinders University’s collection of my personal and sensitive information as required under Australian Privacy Principle 5.
Privacy Collection Statement
- Your personal and sensitive information (“Information”) is being collected by or on behalf of Flinders University. – Student Administration Services; contact +61 1300 354 633 (“Flinders”). Access to your Information will be limited to Flinders’ staff including those based in Flinders’ Colleges who need to view it as part of their work in carrying out the purposes below.
- Your Information will be collected stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats including shared databases.
- Your Information is being collected for a lawful purpose directly related to a function or activity of Flinders such as to consider your enrolment application to a Flinders course, to provide you with services post your enrolment or to satisfy Flinders’ legal reporting and other obligations including to Government Departments as required by law.
- Your Information is being collected for the purposes of identifying you, considering your enrolment in Flinders’ courses, verifying the Information provided in your enrolment application, communicating the outcome of your application, and commencing the enrolment process if you are successful. In addition Flinders will be able to use the Information for any of the purposes specified in the Flinders Policy
- If you choose not to provide the Information requested it may not be possible for Flinders to consider and process your enrolment or to properly provide you with teaching educational and student services should your enrolment be accepted.
- Your Information will be able to be shared by Flinders with third parties in accordance with the Flinders Policy which third parties may include government departments, Flinders controlled entities, external advisers and service providers, IT service providers and other educational institutions. Where your Information is disclosed to third parties it will be done so only to the extent necessary to fulfil the purpose of the disclosure. Before your Information is disclosed to an overseas third party steps will be taken by Flinders under the Flinders Policy to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the Flinders Policy.
- In addition to the protections given to you under the Flinders Policy if you are an individual located in the European Union and Flinders offers or provides services to you your Information will be subject to Regulation EU (1026/679) General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as outlined in the Flinders Policy.
- You have rights under the Flinders Policy to access and correct your information and to lodge a complaint relating to how Flinders handles your information. If you have a question about how your information is being used or you wish to exercise your privacy rights then email the Flinders Privacy Officer: email@example.com.
My Information Consents and Authorities
- authorise Flinders to provide my Information to other tertiary and education institutions where required to support my enrolment and for Flinders to seek and obtain information about me from tertiary and educational institutions that I have attended or sought enrolment or from other third party organisations including about my financial circumstances and where applicable verification of my Australian visa details and study entitlements.
- authorise Flinders to collect store and disclose my Information in accordance with Universities Australia procedures relating to record falsification and other irregular acts.
- have read and understood the above Privacy Collection Statement and by agreeing to accept the terms and conditions of this Declaration below consent to Flinders University collecting storing and disclosing my Information in accordance with the Flinders Policy.