E-mentors are current students who will provide one-on-one peer support to commencing offshore international students to help them build connections and equip them with the knowledge and skills to navigate the university and educational system. E-mentors will help new students to experience a smooth transition to Flinders by meeting online weekly throughout the first semester.
If you’ve been studying at Flinders for six months or more and keen to be involved in 2021, please apply using the link below. *Please note you do not have to be based offshore to apply to be an E-Mentor.
Being a mentor will give you an opportunity to:
- participate in a student development program that will build your professional skills
- enhance your CV by earning Horizon Award points to kick start your career
- make friends and connections with other mentors and broaden your network
- contribute to your University community and have a positive impact on new students
- obtain a written recommendation on LinkedIn from Flinders University.
As a mentor, your commitment is:
- to complete the mentoring training topic in FLO as well as an online live video training (total of approximately four hours)
- to attend fortnightly mentor catch-up meetings
- to organise the mentorship session with mentees (an hour per week)
- to provide feedback on the program via an online survey in the middle and at the end of the mentoring program.
The total time commitment is approximately an hour per week across Semester 1, 2021.
*Out of business hours work may be needed due to the time zones of offshore international students and flexible time arrangement between you and your mentees.