To complete the interim candidature review, the following is required:
- A written submission including work completed to date (including a thesis outline/table of contents, completed and draft chapters, experiments/archival work/fieldwork completed, the word length for the completed components of the thesis)
- An academic integrity check (Turnitin)
- Evidence of progress during the past 12 months (FTE)
- A completion plan of what needs to be achieved in the next 12 months (standard interim milestones only)
- Post final thesis review requires a detailed plan/timeline for completion
The purpose of the interim review report for part-time HDR students and for HDR students still enrolled 6 months after their final review is to achieve the following objectives:
- Assess whether the student’s progress since the last milestone assessment remains satisfactory and that those milestone requirements have been met, or will be achieved before the next milestone review – a checkpoint for part-time students;
- Provide peer feedback to the student on the written submission;
- Assess whether the student is on track to submit their thesis by the due date;
- Identify any problems or challenges to address and their resolutions;
- Assess whether the student’s professional skills are developing appropriately;
- Assess whether the resources available to the student, including supervision and facilities, are satisfactory; and
- Review previous goals for overtime students, including timetable to completion;
- Determine whether the candidature should continue.
HDR Students can log into Inspire to complete their interim milestone.