A two-week intensive study tour to Noumea,New Caledonia coordinated by CISaustralia, will allow Flinders students to participate in 30 hours of language class with other Australian and international students at a local language institute (CREIPAC). Students will have an opportunity to improve understanding of New Caledonia’s socio-cultural specificities while developing their language skills in formal and informal contexts. Students will also develop a project (in English or in French) investigating a socio-cultural theme of interest pertaining to New Caledonia.
Sunday 25 November to Saturday 8 December 2018.
Up to 10 funded places as well as a limited number of self-funding places may be available
- Up to 10 x A$3,000 New Colombo Plan Mobility Grant are available to eligible undergraduate students.
- OPTION 1: A$3,199 – Hotel, same gender, shared room, 2 weeks (30 hours French language instruction)
- OPTION 2: A$3,899 – Hotel, single room, 2 weeks (30 hours French language instruction)
- Students are responsible for paying the program fees directly to CISaustralia and will cover items as listed on their website.
- Students are responsible for paying return airfares between Australia and New Caledonia, meals, local transport, additional excursions and personal expenses are not included in the program fees.
- Students may also be eligible to apply for an OS Help Loan to cover the additional costs.
- Students are eligible to register with Flinders travel insurance.