Program title: Wasaa Academy Summer School: New Trends in Information Technologies
Program location: - Brest, France
Program dates: January 13th – 31 January 2020
The Embassy of France in partnership with Flinders University is offering a unique opportunity for up to 8 students to experience, cutting-edge educational experiences, industry visits, projects and French culture and language instruction.
The program will allow students to explore the latest trends in information technologies, including virtual reality, artificial intelligence, robotics, cybersecurity, optical and satellite communications.
It will also be a first introduction to laboratory research work, as well as a discovery of the French academic environment.
IMT-Atlanique is one of the top ranked French Engineering institutes with a particular focus on marine applications. For further program information, please see the 2020 Summer School Syllabus.
Accommodation will be provided at IMT Atlantique’s seaside campus offering many opportunities to interact with local students. Accommodation costs are approximately €100 per week.
Places available: up to 8
Eligibility: Undergraduate students from the College of S&E with a minimum GPA of 4.0 who will undertake 3rd year or Honours year in 2020.
Credit: Students will be eligible to receive 4.5 units of credit towards their academic program provided they meet the eligibility criteria.
The €1500 program fee will be waived for up to eight eligible Flinders University students.
In addition, students completing a credit-bearing short program overseas will be eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship to offset some of the costs of participation. RA Simpson travel grant.
Out of pocket costs
Approximately $3000 AUD
Students will need to cover the cost of airfares, accommodation, and general living expenses. Students are advised not to book flights until they have received college approval and admission into Wasaa Summer School program has been confirmed.
How to apply
Step 1 Expression of Interest (EOI) Deadline: 15 October 2019
- Submit an Ask Flinders query click “Request Support” to your college and ask the following questions.
- Am I eligible to enrol into a Table A topic (ENGR7720) to undertake the Wasaa Summer School program in Brest, France in January 2020?
- Will I receive credit toward my Flinders program after successfully completing the Wasaa Summer School program and required assessment?
- Complete a short EOI template (no more than 250 word) in response to the following questions.
- Email your completed EOI to LWB@flinders.edu.au by 15 October 2019.
- Include CRM/email response from college confirming that you have space in your program.
- Expressions of interest will undergo an internal selection process, prior to being nominated to the Wasaa consortium.
- Successful students will be nominated to the Wasaa consortium after they have received formal approval for credit recognition (credit letter) from College.
- Once you have received confirmation of eligibility and you have been nominated by Flinders University > proceed to Step 2.
*Note Applications sent directly to Wasaa will not be considered. Refer to step 1 for how to submit your application.
Step 2 Wasaa Application Deadline: TBA
Complete a Wasaa Summer School application form (provided by Learn Without Borders (LWB) team)
You will require a:
- curriculum vitae
- a copy of your passport information page
- a copy of your academic transcript
For more information about the Wasaa Academy Summer School, please contact the Learn Without Borders (LWB) team.
Wasaa Summer School – Full Program Details
Read More about Flinders French Connections
Students will travel independently to Brest, France. This is a regarded as a short-term study abroad tour, rather than a study tour led by Flinders University staff.