- Students who have been in Australia for 12 months or more are required to obtain a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC).
- Students who have been in Australia for less than 12 months require an International Criminal History Check (ICHC).
Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC)
Valid for three years from date of issue
Commonly referred to as a Police Check, a National Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC) is a document that lists all criminal convictions recorded against a person in the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) database.
Police Checks (NCCHCs) can be issued by:
- State, Territory or Federal Police
- Private brokers that have been accredited by the ACIC
An acceptable Police Check (NCCHC) must meet the following requirements:
- The type of check must be for Unsupervised Contact with Vulnerable Groups
- The occupation or purpose should indicate University Placements within the Sports Industry
Students are responsible for the cost of obtaining their Police Check (NCCHC).
Students may also choose to apply for a Police Check (NCCHC) directly through their local police, or through a commercial broker. If a Police Check (NCCHC) is required urgently (eg sooner than 4 – 5 weeks) then it is advisable to apply online through an accredited broker that offers fast turnaround.
Police Check (NCCHC) providers may include:
Please note that Flinders University does not endorse these providers and cannot guarantee their turnaround times.