Program Title: INU Student Seminar and Master’s Summer School for Global Citizenship and Peace
Program Location: Hiroshima University, Japan
Overview: The INU Hiroshima program is a short term international experience arranged through the International Network of Universities (INU) and hosted by Hiroshima University in August of each year. The 2019 Student Seminar will focus on democracy and its health in the globalised world.
Program Dates: August 4-12, 2019
INU Student Seminar: 2 undergraduate students
INU Master’s Summer School: 1 postgraduate students
Open To: Undergraduate and postgraduate students
Application Deadline: 5pm Monday 6 May 2019
Undergraduate eligibility and credit:
- Students have achieved an overall GPA of 5.0 following completion of one semester (18 units) of their current program of study; or
- Students have achieved an overall GPA of 4.0 following completion of (or about to complete) at least one year of their current program of study (36 units)
- Students must be admitted to a Bachelor of International Relations or Bachelor of International Studies, or be completing a major or minor in International Relations to be eligible for this program.
Postgraduate eligibility & credit
- Students have achieved an overall GPA of 4.0 following completion of (or about to complete) one semester of a postgraduate program (18 units)
- Students must be admitted to a Graduate Diploma in International Development, Master of Arts (International Development), Master of International Development, Graduate Diploma in International Relations, or Master of Arts (International Relations) to be eligible for this program.
- Students are required to complete this program as part of INTR9059 Intensive Summer School on Global Citizenship (4.5 units).
Flinders students are responsible for all their personal expenses including returned airfares during the INU program, accommodation, meals, visa, passport, vaccination and local transport.
The following are approximate costs for accommodation, meals and local transport in Hiroshima:
INU Student Seminar: A$700
INU Master’s Summer School: A$750
To offset the costs of participation, two separate scholarships are available:
- Flinders scholarship $1,000 x 3 eligible students
- JASSO scholarship JPY 80,000 x 3 eligible students by applying through Hiroshima University to assist with accommodation and meals.
Flinders students are eligible to register with the Flinders travel insurance.
Students may also consider applying for an OS Help Loan as required.
How to Apply:
Submit an AskFlinders (click “Request Support”) and ask if students have a space in their current study plan and they can receive credit towards their Flinders program upon completing the INU program and required assessment.
Submit an AskFlinders (click “Request Support”) by attaching all required application documents by 5pm Monday 6 May.
- Submit Ask Flinders (click “Request Support”) if you have questions.
- Read what a previous participant has to say here
Student Seminar for Global Citizenship and Peace
Master’s Summer School for Global Citizenship and Peace