Program Title: CISAustralia
Program Location: Europe, Middle East, South East Asia, Africa, South America, or USA
CISAustralia provides Australian students with innovative, high quality overseas study, intern and volunteer experiences while promoting global awareness, inspiring personal growth, and developing engaged global citizens.
CISaustralia is thrilled to announce the launch of our international Virtual Internships. Students can gain invaluable skills and develop cultural competence by working with an international organisation in four exciting destinations across four different continents.
Program Dates: Varies between programs
Open To: Undergraduate students
Application Deadline: varies; check the CISAustralia website for details.
Eligibility: completion of 18 units with an overall GPA of 5.0, or completion of 36 units with an overall GPA of 4.0. Ability to obtain a verified credit letter from College Office.
How to apply:
Step 1 Check eligibility with Flinders University
- Check if you meet eligibility to study overseas as a Flinders student. Note some CISAustralia programs may have additional requirements.
- Academic results can be an unofficial transcript or a printable version of your results from the Student System.
Step 2 Obtain a credit approval letter
- Complete a study abroad credit request form (DOCX). (Your college will obtain your course coordinator’s signature on your behalf once you submit an Ask Flinders request)
- Submit an online request via Ask Flinders to obtain a credit letter from your college.
- Scroll down and select "Request Support" at the bottom of the page. From the drop-down list >select Area> Overseas Study Application and Overseas Study Application Area> Short Term Study Overseas to submit your request.
- Attach your study abroad credit request form (DOCX) and any other relevant documentation.
Step 3 Apply to CISAustralia
- Submit a copy of your credit letter to CISAustralia to verify that you have obtained approval from Flinders University and are ready to apply.
- Follow CISAustralia application process.
Apply for financial assistance:
Once the college office has approved your request and provided you with a credit letter, you can submit an online application for financial assistance through the Student System.
Contact the Scholarships team via Ask Flinders for financial assistance enquiries.
Flinders travel insurance:
- Flinders students are eligible to obtain complimentary Flinders travel insurance to study overseas.
- Register online through the Student Travel Insurance Portal after you pay a deposit to CISAustralia.
Gain recognition for your international experience
Going overseas to study, volunteer or for an internship is an exciting life experience. It can also add huge value to your employability. Make the most of your international experience with the Flinders Horizon Professional Development Award. The Horizon Award is a free program for all Flinders students who want to add to their university experience and make themselves more employable.