Endnote has 500 styles available within the program and over 7000 styles available on their website but sometimes you need to install a dedicated style. At Flinders we use other style that are designed for University use. These are:
The above styles have already been installed on all University computers but will need to be added to personal computers. The below instructions can be used for adding any new styles to your computer.
Directions to download style
- Download the style from above or another site (eg. a publication company or Endnote).
- A dialogue box will open or a download window will appear depending on what browser you are using.
- Open the file. This will then open the Endnote program and display the style.
- In Endnote click File > Save As
- Name the style if not correct and click Save (eg. APA 7 Flinders)
- Close the style window
Adding the style to Endnote
- With Endnote open.
- Click on the Style dropdown box, choose Select Another style... from the list.
- After a couple of seconds, you should see the Choose A Style dialogue box. You need to scroll down the list until you see the new style you have just saved (Note that the list is in alphabetical order). You can also type the name and it should go directly there.
- Once you have selected it, click the Choose button.
- You will now see the name of the style appear in the Style field of Endnote.
That’s it! When you use EndNote now, this will be the style that is used to format your citations and bibliography. Also remember to choose it in Word as your reference type using the same method outlined above.
Adding AGLC 4th Reference type table (required only if using AGLC style)
1. Download the Legal Reference Types:
2. Install the Legal Reference Types Table in EndNote:
- Open EndNote and click on Edit in the menu (on a Mac click on EndNote X?? instead of Edit) then Preferences then Reference Types.
- Click on the Import button in the lower half of window and select the file you just saved.
- Click on Open then OK (on a Mac click on Open - Save).
- Close the Edit Preferences window.