To be read in conjunction with the program of study requirements for the degree in which you are enrolled:
A student may complete a minor sequence of 18 units in Professional Studies by completing two Year 1 topics (9 units) and two Year 2 topics (9 units) from the topics listed in the program of study below.
The minor in Professional Studies aims to:
- give students a broad range of practical and professional skills and knowledge, to assist them in their lives after graduation
- allow students to perform productively and competitively in the workplace.
On completion of the minor in Professional Studies students will:
- be able to communicate effectively in writing and be able to produce a variety of appropriate professional text types
- be able to communicate orally both effectively and appropriately
- be able to demonstrate their understanding of legal and philosophical issues and the way they can affect professional practice
- be able to analyse, critique and produce computer based multimedia to aid professional practice.
Program of study
The following is the program of study for a 18 unit minor sequence in Professional Studies.
Minor - Professional Studies
Year 1 topics
Select 9 units from the following*:
COMS1001 Academic and Professional Communication (4.5 units)
COMP1001 Fundamentals of Computing (4.5 units)
LING1002 World Languages (4.5 units)
PHIL1060 Critical Thinking (4.5 units)
Year 2 topics
Select 9 units from the following:
CRWR2001 Editing and the Industry (4.5 units)
PHIL2601 Ethics for Professionals (4.5 units)
VEED2004 Introduction to Digital Graphic Design (4.5 units)
* Students who have completed COMS1001 and/or PHIL1060 as part of their degree must select one or both of COMP1001 and LING1002 for this minor.