The Graduate Certificate in Organisational Learning is an 18-unit program offered by the College of Education, Psychology and Social Work.
It articulates with the following 72-unit masters programs:
Students who complete the graduate certificate normally receive credit for up to 18 units of topics should they wish to proceed with one of the above programs
Applicants must normally hold an approved degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution and have not less than two years relevant work experience. However, the Dean (Education) may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.
The course aims to:
- provide a comprehensive body of theory and practice to students wishing to attain competencies in developing and leading organisations to achieve their strategic goals and missions
- enable students to develop a critical awareness of organisations as knowledge and learning systems.
After completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- critically evaluate and discuss different models of organisational knowledge and learning
- demonstrate an appreciation in the complexity of organisations as knowledge and learning systems
- design and present interventions to improve learning and knowledge sharing capacity in their organisations.
Limited credit may be granted for recognition of prior studies undertaken at the University or other approved tertiary institutions. Further information is available on this page.
Program of study
To qualify for the Graduate Certificate in Organisational Learning, a student must complete 18 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic. Students are required to complete two compulsory topics, and one or two of the specified option topics.
Core - Year 1 topics
EDUC9605 Leading Knowledge Management for Organisational Learning (4.5 units)
POAD9028 Evaluation Methods (4.5 units) OR
POAD9132 Action learning project/internship (9 units) OR
POAD9132A Action learning project/internship (4.5/9 units) AND
POAD9132B Action learning project/internship (4.5/9 units)
Option - Year 1 topics
Select 4.5 or 9 units from the topics listed below to make a total of 18 units
EDUC8602 Leaders and Leadership (4.5 units)
EDUC9606 Planning Change in Organisations (4.5 units)
EDUC9610 Developing People in Organisations (4.5 units)
EDUC9611 Managing Innovation in Organisations (4.5 units)
EDUC9617 Educational Governance (4.5 units)
EDUC8618 Pedagogical Leadership (4.5 units)
EDUC9630 Leading and managing professional learning for integrated languages and literacy programs (4.5 units)
EDUC9631 Perspectives on leading professional learning for integrated languages curricula (4.5 units)
POAD9133 Critical Systems Thinking and Practice (4.5 units)