Not offered in 2021
The Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Supply Chain Management) requires the completion of 108 units with a grade of P or better or NGP in each topic and the maintenance of a GPA of at least 5.5. The course can be completed in three years of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time).
The course is offered by the College of Business, Government and Law.
The minimum requirements for consideration for entry to all undergraduate courses are specified in detail in the University Entry Requirements.
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop broad knowledge and competencies to facilitate careers in business-related fields. Students will be encouraged and supported to develop transferable interpersonal and professional capabilities, including the capability to be reflective, self-evaluating and critically engaged. There is a particular focus on application of knowledge, competencies and capabilities to diverse and global business/supply chain contexts. Students will apply their knowledge and competencies to a broad range of business/supply chain practices including systems and processes, planning, supply management, production, operations, logistics and the use of current and emerging data and analytical practices. The course will provide scope for studies beyond business to broaden their overall educational experience.
Students successfully completing this course will be able to:
- demonstrate leadership through team-based projects and presentation
- present advanced level work at a student conference
- critically apply broad theoretical and technical accounting, finance, economic, marketing, human resources management and management knowledge and skills to inform strategic and operational planning
- analyse leadership and management practices and decisions using theoretical and technical knowledge of regulatory, governance, compliance and legal requirements
- apply theoretical knowledge, technical competencies and critical judgement to provide solutions to routine management and leadership problems
- explain the impact of socially responsible, ethical, economic, regulatory, sustainability, governance and global perspectives on management and leadership planning and practices
- communicate technical advice and ideas to specialists and non-specialists, in written and spoken forms
- manage time, self and tasks effectively as an individual and to collaborate with a diverse team
- use computer-based information systems or applications to solve or document business problems
Program of Study
To qualify for the Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership and Supply Chain Management) a student must complete 108 units with a grade of P or better or NGP in each topic and maintain a GPA of at least 5.5. Students who have a GPA below 5.5 at the end of two consecutive semesters will be supported to transfer to the Bachelor of Business (Supply Chain Management). This must include:
- 72 units of core topics
- 18 units specialisation
- 18 units of BUSN option topics
No more than 45 units of Level 1 topics is to be included in the 108 units.
Not all topics are necessarily available in a given year.
Except with the permission of the Dean (Education), the course must be completed within ten consecutive years. Failure to do so may constitute evidence of unsatisfactory progress. Where permission is given to complete in more than ten consecutive years, there may be a requirement for additional coursework in order to ensure relevant and up-to-date knowledge.
Core - Year 1 topics
31.5 units comprising:
BUSN1009 Quantitative Methods (4.5 units)
BUSN1011 Accounting for Managers (4.5 units)
BUSN1012 Management, People and Organisations (4.5 units)
BUSN1013 Economics for Business (4.5 units)
BUSN1019 Law for Business (4.5 units)
BUSN1022 Marketing Principles (4.5 units)
INNO1001 Innovative and Creative Thinking: Recognizing Opportunities (4.5 units)
Option - Year 1 topics
Plus 4.5 units of BUSN topics where prerequisites are met.
Core - Year 2 topics
13.5 units comprising:
BUSN2019 International Business Context (4.5 units)
BUSN2034 Interpersonal Skills for Professionals (4.5 units)
BUSN2038 Human Resource Management (4.5 units)
Specialisation - Supply Chain Management - Year 2 topics
9 units comprising:
BUSN2046 Operations and Supply Chain Management (4.5 units)
BUSN2050 Procurement and Managing Supply Chain (4.5 units)
Option - Year 2 topics
Plus 13.5 units of BUSN topics where prerequisites are met.
Core - Year 3 topics
27 units comprising:
BUSN3044 Industry Placement (4.5 units)
BUSN3052 Leadership in Business and Society (4.5 units)
BUSN3055 Strategic Management (4.5 units)
BUSN3061A Industry Project (9 units)
BUSN3065 The Future of Work in the Digital Age (4.5 units)
Specialisation - Supply Chain Management - Year 3 topics
9 units comprising:
BUSN3066 Logistics and Supply Chain Strategy (4.5 units)
BUSN3067 Supply Chain Analytics (4.5 units)
The requirements of the Bachelor of Business (Advanced Leadership) (Honours) are the same as those for the Bachelor of Business (Honours).