The Undergraduate Certificate in Industry 4.0 requires six months of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time). The course is offered by the College of Science and Engineering.
This course articulates with the 36-unit Diploma of Digital Technologies and the 108-unit Bachelor of Information Technology.
The minimum requirements for consideration for entry to all undergraduate courses are specified in detail in the University Entry Requirements.
The Undergraduate Certificate in Industry 4.0 aims to provide graduates with:
- an understanding of the theory and practice of industry 4.0 approaches
- an understanding of the technical and human dimensions of disruptive change
- an understanding of data and information processing and analytics
- an awareness of key cybersecurity issues
- well-developed written and oral communication skills
- an opportunity to integrate workplace knowledge and skills within a structured project
- an ability to work and interact professionally as an individual and as a member of multi-disciplinary teams
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- understand and competently use industry 4.0 skills and knowledge to bring about innovation in the workplace
- understand, manage and utilise data within an industry 4.0 context
- identify strategies and actions to maintain cybersecurity
- communicate effectively with other technicians, associated professionals and the supply chain using a wide range of communication technologies
- develop ideas and solutions appropriate to the organisational, social, cultural, economic and environmental contexts in which they are applied
- work professionally as an individual and in a team
- work within a project management framework
Program of study
To qualify for the Undergraduate Certificate in Industry 4.0, a student must complete 18 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic, according to the program of study below.
Core - Year 1 topics
18 units comprising:
COMP1210 Cybersecurity for a Connected World (4.5 units)
ENGR1210 Innovation and Industry 4.0 (4.5 units)
ENGR1214A Digital Transformation Professional Project (4.5/9 units)
ENGR1214B Digital Transformation Professional Project (4.5/9 units)