To be read in conjunction with the program of study requirements of the degree in which you are enrolled:
To qualify for Honours in Artificial Intelligence a student must complete satisfactorily 36 units of study as specified below. The program requires one year of full-time study or the equivalent part-time.
The honours year in Artificial Intelligence has been designed to provide graduates with:
- reinforcement of the theoretical and the practical aspects of artificial intelligence
- a strong ability to critically analyse and evaluate information and solve problems
- the ability to work professionally as an individual, particularly in terms of a large research project
- insight into advanced areas of artificial intelligence
- an understanding of the need to undertake lifelong learning and the capacity to do so
- preparation for future professional roles as a computer scientist.
On completion of the honours program, students will be able to:
- use professional skills and knowledge in the systematic development of complex computer-based systems
- including the development of research-oriented systems
- apply their skills and knowledge in a professionally responsible manner
- communicate effectively with other computer scientists, researchers and the wider global community using a wide range of communication technologies
- work professionally as an individual
- develop computer-based solutions appropriate to the social, political, international, economic and environmental contexts in which they are applied
- engage in the process of continuing learning needed to retain the necessary level of professional skills and knowledge in the area of artificial intelligence.
Program of study
Honours - Artificial Intelligence
36 units comprising#:
COMP7720 Advanced Studies in Computing A (4.5 units)
COMP7721 Advanced Studies in Computing B (4.5 units)
STEM7001 Research Methods for Honours (4.5 units)
STEM7000A Honours Research Project in STEM (4.5/22.5 units)
STEM7000B Honours Research Project in STEM (4.5/22.5 units)
STEM7000C Honours Research Project in STEM (4.5/22.5 units)
STEM7000D Honours Research Project in STEM (4.5/22.5 units)
STEM7000E Honours Research Project in STEM (4.5/22.5 units)
# With the permission of the Course Coordinator a 7xxx level topic that is appropriate to the student’s program may be substituted.