The Diploma of Creative Industries requires one year of full-time study (or the equivalent part-time).
The Diploma of Creative Industries is administered by the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
The Diploma of Creative Industries is offered only as an exit award for students currently enrolled in the Bachelor of Creative Industries who choose not to complete.
The Diploma of Creative Industries aims to:
- develop the capacity to think critically and creatively about creative and cultural industries activities
- promote the ability to work with digital technologies
- provide experience in working independently and collaboratively
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- apply theoretical frameworks in the analysis of creative activities
- critically review creative industries activities in terms of their cultural and societal outcomes
- plan creative industries activities while working independently and collaboratively
- assess the cultural contexts for the creative arts and industries
Program of study
To qualify for the Diploma of Creative Industries, a student must complete 36 units in the Bachelor of Creative Industries with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic.
The 36 units must include:
COMS1001 Academic and Professional Communication (4.5 units)
CREA1001 Introduction to the Creative Arts (4.5 units)
VEED1003 Essential Multimedia (4.5 units)
22.5 units of Year 1 topics taken from any Bachelor of Creative Industries specialisations