The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) requires 4 years of full-time study. The course is offered by the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences.
The minimum requirements for consideration for entry to all undergraduate courses are specified in detail in the University Entry Requirements.
The Visual Effects and Entertainment Design stream requires applicants to meet additional entry criteria to demonstrate their creative abilities. The details of these requirements are listed in the course rule for the stream.
This Honours degree aims to develop creative, practical, critical and collaborative skills necessary to pursue a career in the digital media area in the arts industries, advanced creative, conceptual and technical skills and knowledge to enable them to produce and promote original creative work, build knowledge of current industry processes involved in producing creative work and the opportunity to implement these processes in their specific field, develop skills and knowledge to be able to successfully undertake research activities and artistic projects, and develop an understanding of career pathways in the creative industries, and the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to enable them to be successful in their chosen career.
Upon completion of their degree, students will have gained specific practical and analytical skills in creative work in digital media. In addition, students will have developed a range of transferable skills. Students will be able to:
- apply the advanced creative, cognitive and technical skills required by professional practitioners in the creative industries to produce and promote original creative work
- effectively deploy high-level knowledge of the processes involved in producing creative work
- review, analyse and critically evaluate ideas, methodologies and theories, and set and solve creative research problems which includes interpreting and applying ethical considerations of research and artistic activity in the creative industries
- work collaboratively with a range of professionals and participate effectively in a creative team
- effectively present knowledge of creative research methods and ethical considerations of research and artistic activity in the creative industries
- independently design, plan and execute research activities and artistic projects
- demonstrate knowledge of aspects of the arts industries relevant to their chosen field
- appraise employment structures in their chosen field and to identify some of the employment opportunities available in the creative industries.