New course commencing Semester 1, 2022
The Master of Visual Effects and Entertainment Design is a 36-unit program offered by the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences. The course is normally completed over one year full-time, or the equivalent part-time.
Applicants must normally hold a Graduate Diploma or Bachelor Honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in Visual Effects and Entertainment Design from an approved tertiary institution.
However, the Dean (Education) may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.
In addition, applicants must submit a portfolio with examples of creative work from any relevant discipline (e.g. Animation, Art, Design, Film, Games, Photography, VFX, etc.)
This course aims to produce flexible, highly skilled reflective practitioners who can operate with autonomy and confidence using advanced technical, analytical and entrepreneurial skills to make a significant contribution to the field of Visual Effects and Entertainment Design, their local economies and body of knowledge in the discipline.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- adapt skills and methodology to create new media products and new conceptual approaches
- combine high level interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally and successfully in a teamwork situation with clients and colleagues
- design, develop and implement complex story and animation projects for film, games, television, advertising and various digital media platforms
- critically analyse digital production projects
- evaluate techniques and research methods applicable to digital production and entertainment design
Program of study
To qualify for the Master of Visual Effects and Entertainment Design, a student must complete 36 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic, according to the program of study below.
Core - Year 1 topics
36 units comprising:
CREA9406 Industry Project (9 units)
SCME9002 Social Media and Digital Platforms (4.5 units)
SCME9305A Major Production Project (Part 1) (9 units)
SCME9305B Major Production Project (Part 2) (9 units)
VEED9002 Motion Capture and Virtual Production (4.5 units)