The Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media) is a one year program offered in Hong Kong by the College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences in conjunction with our partner institution, the School of Continuing and Professional Studies of the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Applicants must normally have successfully completed either the two year Higher Diploma or Associate Degree in Digital Animation and Creative Media or the two year Higher Diploma or Associate Degree in Multimedia and Creative Advertising from the School of Continuing and Professional Studies at the Chinese University of Hong Kong, or an equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution, and have met the English language proficiency requirements for admission.
72 units of credit will be granted upon entry into the course.
The aim of the course is to prepare students for a professional life by:
- equipping students with basic professional skills in digital media production, including the operation of software and hardware
- equipping students with a practical understanding of collaborative teamwork required in the creative industries
- enabling students to plan, develop and complete digital media and video products
- developing in students an understanding of screen and digital media through their historical developments, social and cultural applications, and the function of formal and aesthetic properties in various forms
- providing students with experience in the creative process within the activities described above
- producing graduates capable of the application of logical thought, analysis, and research skills in ways that will enhance both the creative and practical processes required by digital media production
- producing graduates who will be able to think flexibly, collaborate with others on group projects and solve problems creatively.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media), students will be able to demonstrate:
- conceptual, practical and technical skills to produce creative work to a high standard in their chosen program
- teamwork and interpersonal skills to become effective members of creative production and planning teams
- high-level knowledge of the processes involved in the production of creative work
- sound knowledge of theories, factual content and research methods relevant to their program of study including an awareness of practices related to their chosen program
- knowledge of aspects of the arts industries relevant to their chosen program
- initiative and judgement in planning, problem solving and decision making in professional practice and scholarship, and ability to adapt knowledge and skills in diverse creative contexts
- skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge and communicate a clear exposition of knowledge and ideas
- critical thinking and judgement in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence
- application of knowledge and skills with responsibility and accountability and in collaboration with others
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
Program of study
To qualify for the Bachelor of Creative Arts (Digital Media), a student must complete 36 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic, according to the following program of study.
The award of a grade of Fail (F) on more than one occasion in the same topic may constitute prima facie evidence of unsatisfactory progress for the purposes of the University’s Policy on Student Progress.
Select 36 units from:
SCME3004 History of Film Style (4.5 units)
SCME2071 Introduction to Screenwriting (4.5 units)
SCME2072 Screen Production Techniques 5 (4.5 units)
SCME2202 3D Media Studio B (4.5 units)
SCME2203 3D Media Studio C (4.5 units)
SCME3999 Globalisation & Entertainment Media (4.5 units)
SCME2108 Multimedia Production Part 1 (4.5 units)
SCME3005 Digital Games (4.5 units)
SCME2107 Asian Cinema (4.5 units)
SCME3071 Screen Production Techniques 8 (4.5 units)