To be read in conjunction with the course rule requirements of the Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology).
A student may complete a major sequence of 36 units in Management by completing two Year 1 topics (9 units), two Year 2 topics (9 units) and two Year 3 topics (9 units) plus two additional topics (9 units) from the Year 2 or Year 3 topics listed in the program of study below.
This major aims to provide students with knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes to facilitate entry into business-related careers.
Students successfully completing this major should be able to
- demonstrate an appreciation of the broad environment in which management operates
- contribute effectively to the operation of an organisation
- apply analytical skills, relevant theory and logical thought to various decision making processes within an organisation
- communicate effectively in an organisational environment, both verbally and in writing
- demonstrate commitment to ethical and socially responsible management practice.
Program of study
Major - Management
36 units comprising
Core - Year 1, 2 & 3 topics
BUSN1011 Accounting For Managers (4.5 units)
BUSN1012 Management, People and Organisations (4.5 units)
BUSN1022 Marketing Principles (4.5 units)
BUSN2038 Human Resource Management (4.5 units)
BUSN3043 Governance, Sustainability and Ethics (4.5 units)
plus at least one of
BUSN3050 International Human Resource Management (4.5 units)
BUSN3051 International Marketing (4.5 units)
Elective - Year 2 & 3 topics
Select up to 9 units of elective topics from the following to make a total of 36 units
BUSN2020 Consumer Behaviour (4.5 units)
BUSN2033 Marketing Communications (4.5 units)
BUSN3032 Reward and Performance Management (4.5 units)
BUSN3033 Occupational Health and Safety (4.5 units)
BUSN3035 Employee Relations (4.5 units)
Not all topics are necessarily available each year.