The combined degrees program of Bachelor of Accounting and Bachelor of Arts requires the completion of a minimum of 144 units of study.
Students enrolled in a combined degree program must complete the full program specified within the combined program for each degree before they can graduate with either award.
Students who commence but subsequently do not wish to complete the combined degrees program may be eligible to transfer to either the Bachelor of Accounting or the Bachelor of Arts program and to receive credit for some, or all, of the topics already completed.
Program of study
To qualify for the combined degrees of Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Arts degree, a student must complete the following program of study with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic:
- an Accounting component of at least 72 units for the Bachelor of Accounting as detailed below
- an Arts component of at least 72 units for the Bachelor of Arts as detailed below
Not all topics necessarily are available in a given year.
Bachelor of Accounting component
To qualify for the Bachelor of Accounting a student must complete 72 units with a grade of P or better or NGP in each topic.
Core - Year 1, 2 & 3 topics
72 units comprising:
BUSN1001 Accounting Principles (4.5 units)
BUSN1002 Financial Accounting Processes (4.5 units)
BUSN1009 Quantitative Methods (4.5 units)
BUSN1012 Management, People and Organisations (4.5 units)
BUSN1013 Economics for Business (4.5 units)
BUSN1015 Foundations of Finance (4.5 units)
BUSN1019 Law for Business (4.5 units)
BUSN2035 Cost and Management Accounting (4.5 units)
BUSN2036 Financial Accounting Issues (4.5 units)
BUSN2037 Financial Management (4.5 units)
BUSN2042 Corporations Law (4.5 units)
BUSN2052 Accounting Information Systems (4.5 units)
BUSN3047 Company Accounting (4.5 units)
BUSN3048 Auditing (4.5 units)
BUSN3054 Taxation Law and Practice (4.5 units)
BUSN3064 Financial Statement Analysis (4.5 units)
Bachelor of Arts component
To qualify for the Bachelor of Arts a student must complete 72 units with a grade of P or better or NGP in each topic. This must include:
- COMS1001 Academic and Professional Communication (4.5 units)*
- a 36-unit major sequence, comprising two First Level topics (9 units), two Second Level topics (9 units), two Third level topics (9 units), plus two topics (9 units) from Second or Third Level according to requirements for the specific major sequence;
- a 22.5-unit minor sequence in a different field of study, comprising two First Level topics (9 units), two Second Level topics (9 units) and a further topic (4.5 units), at either Second or Third Level;
- a further two topics (9 units) at either Second or Third level for the elective component.
For acceptable majors and minors please refer to the Bachelor of Arts course rule for details.
Students who complete COMS1001 as part of their 22.5 unit minor sequence must complete 13.5 units of either Second or Third level elective topics
*Under certain conditions the core topic COMS1001 may be replaced with an alternative topic. See COMS1001 for further details.