The Master of Business is a 72-unit program offered by the College of Business, Government and Law. It articulates with the 18-unit Graduate Certificate in Business Administration and the 36-unit Graduate Diploma in Business Administration. The sequentially developed topics allow progression through the three awards.
Students who have completed the Graduate Diploma normally receive credit for up to 36 units of topics towards the Masters degree.
Alternatively, students enrolled directly in the Masters program may choose only to meet the requirements for the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma and exit with that qualification.
Students may tailor a program to meet their own needs or may elect to complete a specialised program of study. Business specialisations are offered to graduates from any discipline. The non-business specialisation in Health is offered to enhance career opportunities and assist those entering the relevant industry in a management or consulting position.
Students will choose to apply for either the:
Or one of the following named specialisations:
The specialisation will be identified on the student’s transcript of academic record and on the parchment presented to the student on completion of the course.
Applicants will normally hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution OR have completed the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration.
Applicants who have completed
- a bachelor degree in a business discipline or a discipline related to their chosen specialisation; or
- a bachelor degree which includes a major in business, commerce, marketing or management; or
- a graduate certificate in a business discipline
at an approved institution may be eligible to follow a 54 unit study program and complete the degree in 1.5 years full time or equivalent part time.
The Dean (Education) may, under certain circumstances and subject to specific conditions, admit others who can show evidence of fitness for candidature.
The Health specialisation has slightly different entry requirements from the business specialisations in the MBus in order to ensure that students admitted are appropriately qualified in the specific discipline:
- entry to the Master of Business (Health) requires a bachelor degree in a health-related field from an approved tertiary institution plus at least 4 years professional experience working in the health or aged care industries.
- applicants with a bachelor degree in a health-related field and at least 3 years' experience in the health industry and who study part-time (and thus add to professional experience whilst studying) can also apply for the Master of Business (Health)
See chosen specialisation for Course aims
See chosen specialisation for Learning outcomes