To be read in conjunction with the program of study requirements for the degree in which you are enrolled.
The minor in Research covers a range of quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and data analysis, and introduces you to the challenges of conducting research in the field of education.
The minor in Research aims to introduce students to a range of quantitative and qualitative methods of data collection and data analysis, and to the challenges of conducting research in the field of education.
On completion students will be able to:
- appreciate the value of qualitative and quantitative research approaches
- become informed consumers of educational research
- critically assess published studies
- acknowledge the importance of research rigor
- develop statistical literacy
- plan their own research study
Program of study
To qualify for the minor in Research, a student must complete 18 units with a grade of P or NGP, or better, in each topic according to the program of study below.
Not all topics are necessarily available in a given year.
18 units comprising:
EDUC9763 Survey and Questionnaire Methods (4.5 units)
EDUC9764 Methods in Ethnography (4.5 units)
EDUC9765 Researching Texts and Documents (4.5 units)
EDUC9768 Research Designs and Methods (4.5 units)