To be read in conjunction with the program of study requirements for the degree in which you are enrolled.
The minor in Educational Design and Digital Learning is professionally oriented and is intended for people currently employed in the field of education, those who would like to be so employed, and those who have an interest in focussing on understanding and using technologies for enhancing educational design and learning.
This minor aims to:
- provide graduates with knowledge of local and global policy, perspectives and practices associated with designing curriculum for effective learning using technologies
- provide graduates with the knowledge, understanding and skills to design programs that improve the learning and social outcomes for learners at all levels of the education system
- develop skilled professionals, who are able to communicate and collaborate effectively within a transdisciplinary approach to digital learning
- develop graduates’ knowledge of a range of educational research methods and their application for enhancing and evaluating learning outcomes
- provide graduates with the knowledge and skills to undertake procedures for analysis, synthesis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative data in research and evaluation of professional practice and
- develop graduates who understand contemporary values and ethical principles that underpin the use and evaluation of learning using technologies
On completion students will be able to:
- evaluate knowledge about the affordances of technologies for enhancing learning and teaching processes
- analyse the role that policies have in enabling technological and other change
- integrate findings from research studies on the use of technologies into an authentic practice situation
- formulate leadership capacity for implementing digital learning approaches and supporting digital learning environments
- demonstrate high standards of academic integrity through literature analysis, process and outcomes evaluation methods
- apply technologies to innovate educational practices through projects, presentations and discussions
Program of study
To qualify for the minor in Educational Design and Digital Learning, a student must complete 18 units with a grade of P or NGP, or better, in each topic according to the program of study below.
Not all topics are necessarily available in a given year.
13.5 units comprising:
EDUC8130 Transforming Educational Practice through Technology (4.5 units)
EDUC9701 Effective Use of ICT for Learning and Teaching (4.5 units)
EDUC9707 Leading Change in the Digital Age (4.5 units)
Plus 4.5 units of option topics selected from the following list:
EDUC8731 Motivation, Cognition and Metacognition in Learning (4.5 units)
EDUC9314 Multimodal Childhoods in the 21st Century (4.5 units)
EDUC9315 STEM: Growing a Generation of New Learners (4.5 units)
EDUC9708 New Technologies and e-pedagogy in Foreign Language Education (4.5 units)
EDUC9761 Approaches to Research (4.5 units)