Students who withdraw from a topic(s) after the census date, or who have not successfully completed the requirements for a topic(s), can apply to have their HELP loan scheme debt remitted, or the up-front student contribution amount/tuition fees refunded in special circumstances.
To be considered you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate special circumstances beyond your control;
- Your special circumstances must have occurred or worsened on or after the census date;
- Be able to demonstrate how these special circumstances made it impracticable for you to complete the requirements of the topic(s);
- Lodge the application within 12 months of the date you withdrew from the topic(s), or within 12 months of the end of the semester in which the topic(s) were taken if you had not withdrawn. (applications lodged after this time will not be considered, unless independent supporting evidence is provided that confirms your incapacity to submit within this timeframe);
- Have withdrawn or have fail grades applied to all topics for which you are applying for remission of debt or refund.
Before applying for a remission you should:
- Read the Remission Information page.
- Arrange to have a Professional Supporting Statement or supporting letter completed.
- Gather any other your supporting documentation, ensuring that you meet the criteria. It is your responsibility to ensure that all of your relevant documentation is included with your application.
your application please complete the application within Service One
Please ensure that you read all application declarations carefully. If you need clarification regarding any aspect of this declaration or the application process, please contact Flinders Connect.