Students who withdraw from the topic(s) after the census date, or who have not successfully completed the requirements for the topic(s), can apply to have their HELP loan scheme debt remitted, or the up-front student contribution amount/tuition fees refunded in special circumstances.
To be considered you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be able to demonstrate special circumstances beyond your control;
- Your special circumstances must have occurred or worsened on or after the census date;
- Be able to demonstrate how these special circumstances made it impracticable for you to complete the requirements of the topic(s);
- Lodge the application within 12 months of the end of the semester in which the topic(s) were taken (applications lodged after this time will not be considered, unless independent supporting evidence is provided that confirms your incapacity to submit within this timeframe); and
- Have withdrawn or have fail grades applied to all topics for which you are applying for remission of debt or refund.
Before completing the application form below, you must read the full remission in special circumstances information detailed on the Remission of debt or refund page and the full Remission guidelines. Please also download the Professional Statement Form to be completed by an independent professional as described in the Refunds and remissions page, unless other relevant supporting documentation can be provided by an independent professional.
Please refer to the Refund of Student Contribution Amounts and Tuition Fees, and Remission of Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) Debts Policy.
Complete the details below, attach your supporting documentation to this form and submit to have your application for remission or refund considered. If you require further advice, please contact Flinders Connect.