Student topic – Learning Online with FLO
- A self-paced workshop designed to support students with their transition to online learning.
- Students will learn how to use FLO effectively as well as the digital skills needed to be effective online learners.
- A safe place to play and develop technical skills using FLO tools such as discussion forums and Collaborate.
- Available to all students via the ‘Additional’ Tab in FLO.
Library consultation service - Online content for topics
- Assistance with finding the most accessible and student friendly online content/resources for your topic.
- Tailored for each College discipline.
- Advice on pathways to access resources.
- Request via ServiceOne.
Essential readings and textbooks available online
- Teaching academics have been advised to provide ‘required’ textbook information for Semester 1 2021. This will give the Library and students textbook information early so they can purchase items in advance.
- Submit new library purchase requests via ServiceOne.
- Ask for assistance with creating Reading lists via ServiceOne or enrol in a workshop via the iEnrol website.
- Textbook advice is now available to students via the course information webpage.
Embedding information literacy skills in your topic
We continue to partner with academic staff on embedding information literacy into topics and have adapted our services to align with the move to a fully online teaching environment. This includes:
- Embedding Information literacy information into your FLO page
- Interactive learning activities
- Pre-recorded sessions
- Monitoring of discussion boards
- Lecture recordings from previous years
- Standalone self-paced FLO topics available to all students – developing basic and intermediate information literacy skills
Note: Sessions in classes/lectures using collaborate are no longer offered as a core service, if there are specific requirements where students may benefit from having a Librarian attend a class, please contact us.
Submit an enquiry via ServiceOne